The following policies, in conjunction with any Terms of Service applying to the Site and any services you may purchase or use, describes the information that Goodsmiths collects about you, and how it will be used. Please read this policy carefully to understand how we will collect and use your information. If you do not agree with these policies, you should not use the Site and should deactivate any user account you may have created.
Information We Collect About You
We collect the following categories of information on or through the Site about our users:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Site. This includes information provided at the time of registering as a user on the Site, information included in any listings, information you post on our blog or elsewhere on the Site, or information provided when requesting services from us. We may also ask you for information when you enter a contest or promotion sponsored by us and when you report a problem with our Site.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including e-mail addresses), if you contact us.
- Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research or marketing purposes.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our Site and of the fulfillment of your orders. You may be required to provide financial information before placing an order through our Site.
- Your search queries on our Site.
- Information about any services that you link to your Goodsmiths' account, subject to such services' terms of service and privacy policies and the permissions you grant when linking such services. Such services may include, but are not limited to, Facebook, Google, Twitter, and Pinterest. ~~~~
Usage Details, IP Addresses, Cookies and Other Technologies
As you navigate through and interact with our Site, we may automatically collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to our Site, including traffic data, location data, logs and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Site.
- Information about your computer and Internet connection, including your IP address, operating system and browser type.
Unless you are logged in to your user account, the information that we collect automatically is statistical data and not connected with your name or other personal information. If you are logged in as a user when using the Site, we will connect your usage and browsing patterns to your user account in order to offer you more customized and tailored services and advertisements. The information we collect helps us to improve our Site and to deliver a better and more personalized service by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Site according to your individual interests.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognize you when you return to our Site.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Flash Cookies. Certain features of our Site may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from and on our Site. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies. For information about managing your privacy and security settings for Flash cookies, see Choices about How We Use and Disclose Your Information (www.practicallaw.com/A.
- Web Beacons. Pages of our the Site and our e-mails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs. pixel tags and single-pixel gifs) that permit the Company, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an e-mail and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
We do not collect personal information automatically (such as your name, email address, financial information, and the like), but we may tie this information to personal information about you that we collect from other sources or you provide to us.
We may also obtain information about you from other third party services that you link to your Goodsmiths account, such as Facebook, Twitter, or Google. The information to be collected and Goodsmiths use of the third party account is described when you link the accounts, and you can always stop Goodsmiths from collecting such information by de-linking the other account either on the Site or through the other service provider’s website.
How Goodsmiths Uses Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- To present our Site and its contents to you.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- To provide you with notices about your user account.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
- To notify you about changes to our Site or any products or services we offer or provide though it.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features on our Site.
- To provide targeted advertising services for sellers on our Site.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
We may also use your information to contact you about our own and third-parties' goods and services that may be of interest to you. If you do not want us to use your information in this way, please check the relevant box located in your user account settings.
If you link any third-party services to your Goodsmiths account, such as Facebook, Twitter, or Google, you consent to Goodsmiths sharing and notifying other users regarding your actions using those services while on the Site. For example, if you “like” a listing on Goodsmiths using your Facebook account, Goodsmiths may include your name, Facebook profile picture, and similar information or content on that listing’s page or to otherwise promote that listing. Or Goodsmiths may use such information in its global social media feeds on the Site.
We may use the information we have collected from you to enable us to display advertisements to our advertisers' target audiences. Even though we do not disclose your personal information to these advertisers for these purposes without your consent, if you click on or otherwise interact with an advertisement, the advertiser may assume that you meet its target criteria.
Disclosure of Your Information to Third Parties
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To contractors, service providers and other third parties we use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution or other sale or transfer of some or all of Goodsmiths' assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by Goodsmiths about our Site users is among the assets transferred.
- To third parties to market their products or services to you if you have consented to these disclosures.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it. For example, if you give us an e-mail address to use the "e-mail a friend" feature of our Site, we will transmit the contents of that e-mail and your e-mail address to the recipients.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
- To third party services that you link to your Goodsmiths account, to the extent necessary to accomplish the linking of the accounts and to effectuate the purpose linking the accounts (i.e. to post items on Facebook or pin items on Pinterest).
We may also disclose your personal information:
- To comply with any court order, law or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- To enforce or apply our Terms of Service and other agreements, including for billing and collection purposes.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Goodsmiths, our users, customers or others.
Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
Tracking Technologies and Advertising.
Disclosure of Your Information for Third-Party Advertising
If you do not want us to share your personal information with unaffiliated or non-agent third parties for promotional purposes, you can also always opt-out by logging into the Site and adjusting your user preferences in your account profile by checking or unchecking the relevant boxes or by sending us an e-mail stating your request to email@example.com.
Promotional Offers from the Company
If you do not wish to have your e-mail address/contact information used by the Company to promote our own or third parties' products or services, you can opt-out at any time by logging into the Site and adjusting your preferences in your user account settings by checking or unchecking the relevant boxes or by sending us an e-mail stating your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. If we have sent you a promotional e-mail, you may send us a return e-mail asking to be omitted from future e-mail distributions. This opt out does not apply to information provided to the Company as a result of a product purchase, warranty registration, product service experience or other transactions.
If you do not want us to use information that we collect or that you provide to us to deliver advertisements according to our advertisers' target-audience preferences, you can opt-out by adjusting the preferences in your user account settings by checking or unchecking the relevant boxes or by sending us an e-mail stating your request to email@example.com. For this opt-out to function, you must have your browser set to accept browser cookies.
We do not control third parties' collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. You can opt out of receiving targeted ads from members of the Network Advertising Initiative ("NAI") on the NAI's website.
Accessing and Correcting Your Information
You can review and change your personal information by logging into the Site and visiting your user account settings page.
You may also send us an e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org to request access to, correct or delete any personal information that you have provided to us. We cannot delete your personal information except by also deleting your user account. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
If you delete your Content from the Site, copies of your Content may remain viewable in cached and archived pages, or might have been copied or stored by other Site users. Proper access and use of information provided on the Site, including Content, is governed by our Terms of Service.
Your California Privacy Rights
California Civil Code Section § 1798.83 permits users of our Site that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an e-mail to email@example.com or write us at: 218½ 5th Street, West Des Moines Iowa 50265.
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration and disclosure. All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers behind firewalls. Any payment transactions and financial information will be encrypted using SSL technology.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone. We urge you to be careful about giving out information in public areas of the Site like message boards. The information you share in public areas may be viewed by any user of the Site.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Site. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Site.
Children Under the Age of 13
The Site is not intended for children under 13 years of age. No one under age 13 may provide any information to or on the Site. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you are under 13, do not use or provide any information on this Site or on or through any of its features, register on the Site, make any purchases through the Site, use any of the interactive or public comment features of this Site or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address or any screen name or user name you may use. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.